2020 AGM Minutes
Date: October 28, 2020
Location: Ladies Auxiliary Hall, Carman
Attendance: Erin Lemky, Myron Krahn, Jill Krahn, Kyla McCallum, Dee-Ann McCullough, Matt Falk, Sam Bryson, Judy Duthie, Allan Froese, Amanda Rheault, Aaron Nakonechny, Jason Wolfe, Tasha Worms.
Meeting Facilitator: Erin Lemky
- Call to order: 7:04 by Erin.
- Agenda approved: Tasha motioned to adopt agenda, Kyla 2nd
- No approval or minutes from Semi-Annual General Meeting as it was cancelled due to Covid19.
Thank you to the board for making a season possible. See attached letter.
Registrar - Kyla
57 ball players, 29 softball, no house leagues due to Covid-19. First year in ramp-went well.
-Dee-Ann motioned adopt executive reports, Allan 2nd. Passed.
Committee Member Updates/Needs/Requests:
- Fundraising (Judy Duthie)- Operations of the club and ball diamond project fundraising are separated on profit/loss report. Total profit for the club this year was @2539.82. Payments were done electronically and etransfers were a great resource with paying registration fees and umpires. Winners of the 50/50 raffle were Lisa Lehmann, Leo Benner, Collin Nicolajsen; no other fundraisers occurred due to covid19. Received funding from CAF for the baseball shed interior.
- Equipment/Facilities (Sam Bryson)- no report for equipment. Facilities request to replace the batting cages, as there are trouble areas which are dangerous.
- Skills Development (Sam Bryson)- hosted Baseball MB on August 8- 34 kids from the region, ages 8-13. Had really great feedback and they would like to come back in the future so similar sessions. Not going to have any indoor development due to Covid19, aiming for early Spring sessions.
- Boys Rep (Sam Bryson)- Attended many online meetings this season via zoom/Google Meet. 10 games played over a 6-7 week schedule. Two 11U teams, one 13 U teams, one 15 U team, and one 18U team. Umpire mentorship programs are being pushed by Baseball Manitoba. Looking into Mentor Umps from surrounding communities so that we don’t lose umpires. Idea brought forward of surveying all of South Central registered members about their thoughts on season start, completion dates, as well as density of schedule, also how/if teams qualify for provincials.
- Girls Rep (Myron Krahn)- one game a week for 6 weeks were played. No tournaments were played. Treated like a development season and keep continuity with the girls so they wouldn’t lose interest in the sport. Carman had 3 teams; u12,u14,u19. It was a resounding positive for all teams who participated in the league, and everyone was pleased to still have a season. Great commitment was shown, and a lot of interest in the June/July season.
- Rally Cap/Grand Slam (Allan Froese)- Board decided against the season. Binders were developed for coaches for next season.
- Uniforms (Dee-Ann McCullough) 8 teams were suited up. No jerseys or hats were needed to be ordered this year. Changed hat policy so that players will only wear hats for 2 seasons instead of 3. Received all jerseys back in a timely manner- thanks to all managers for being so efficient.
- Umpires (Matt Falk) - 2020 was a challenging year for scheduling umpires, especially since there was uncertainty with umpire clinics being held during Covid; resulted in fewer local umpires and therefore increased umpire costs with mileage of umps from farther away. We did have good umpires willing to travel to Carman for both baseball and softball; which resulted in having only 1 umpire at times, but didn’t have to cancel any games. In these cases, the one umpire was a level 3 or 4 with experience. We need to push for developing and recruiting more certified umpires in our area. Remind them that the organization pays for their certification. The $500 bursary given this year to two graduating students may help motivate young umpires.
Myron motioned that reports be adopted as presented. Matt 2nd . Passed
- Constitutional changes brought forward.
- Umpire representative needed- recommendation to make this role its individual role, and to not leave it under boys rep.
- Propose a maximum number of terms- recommendation made that people have no more than two 2-year terms in their current position.
- Fundraising coordinator in the constitution- recommendation made that this role goes to the Vice-President role.
- Registrar section- recommendation made to change the language to reference RAMP
- Secretarial duties- recommendation made to include maintain all social media, create, and maintain a website.
- Vacant positions appointed- recommendation is that we remove the word first and allow appointment at any regular meeting.
- Executive rotation- change wording in the constitution to be changed from Odd/Even, to Odd AGM year, and Even AGM year.
Motion: -Tasha motioned that all 7 changes brought forward to change the constitution be effective going forward. Sam 2nd . Passed
- New Board positions-
- President role: Nominations from the floor- Sam nominated Myron; Myron declined, Amanda nominated Sam, Sam accepted.
- Vice president role: Nominations from the floor- Tasha nominated Jason Wolfe; Jason accepted.
- Treasurer role: Nominations from the floor- Judy nominated Aaron Nakonechny; Aaron accepted.
- Boys rep role: Nominations from the floor- Erin nominated Jason Rose;
- Facilities role: Nominations from the floor- DeeAnn nominated Erin; Erin accepted
- Secretary role: Nominations from the floor- Tasha nominated Amanda; Amanda accepted
- Equipment role: Nominations from the floor- Erin nominated Tasha; Tasha accepted.
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned by Sam at 7:48.