CMB AGM 2022
October 20th - 7:00pm
Type of Meeting: Annual General Meeting
Meeting Facilitator: Sam Bryson
Board member attendance: Sam Bryson, Amanda Rheault, Kyla McCallum, Dee-Ann McCullough, Patrick Crampton, Matt Falk, Aaron Nakonechny Allan Froese, Jason Wolfe
Board member regrets: Tasha Worms, Myron Krahn,
Community Member Attendance: Kathryn Reimer, Darcelle Graham, Steve Lemky
- Call to Order at 7:01
- Roll Call (sign in sheet available at entrance)
- Approval of minutes from Semi Annual General Meeting (April 21st, 2022) Allan approved, Aaron 2nd.
- Executive Reports
- President Report - Sam Bryson (see attached)
- Treasurer Report - Aaron Nakonechny (see attached)
- Registrar Report - Kyla McCallum- 113 baseball players, 42 softball players. Registration for next year, will open up next February.
Patrick motioned to approve reports. Matt 2nd.
- Committee Reports
- Fundraising - Jason Wolfe- Successful season. 2 different fundraisers were held. 1 was Raffle tickets and the second was the beer gardens at the Saturday night Fair social. The board is very appreciated to members and volunteers who came out to help make it a success. The funds that are generated from these fundraisers go to purchasing new equipment, operations of CMB and allows CMB to keep registration fees affordable.
- Equipment - Tasha Worms- (see attached)
- Facilities - vacant
- Skills Development - Sam Bryson- pitching clinic for softball happened this past season and was a success- held at the hall and then the rink, hopefully we can get back into school gyms for early training.
- Baseball Rep - Patrick Crampton- South Central Rep Chris Moffat will stay on for 3 years. The next year goal is to have the number of teams submitted in March and have schedules out by April 1st. New: 18 Year old AAA players can be double rostered. Moving tournament up so we have enough umpires, as many of the players are also umpires. Going forward, the 11U AA will only be held in Morden or Winkler. 18UAA will finish a week earlier- there will be no games during grad week.
- Softball Rep - Myron Krahn- Successful year, despite not having an 18/19U age group. Looking forward to next year
- Grass Roots Programs - Rally Cap & Grand Slam- Allan Froese- had good numbers this season, which was fantastic. Even with late Spring, we got all the games in and had a successful season. Teams were even able to organize out of town games. Looking forward to a Grand Slam Jamboree to be held in Carman in the future.
- Uniform Coordinator - Dee-Ann McCullough- switched over to working with Kristi Guilford, and had an online store, which was convenient. Ordered 40 Goldeyes and Cardinals hat and some coaches jerseys to get everyone outfitted.
- Umpire Coordinator- Matt Falk-Scheduled umpires for both baseball and softball this season. Had some challenges with rescheduling softball games, due to the limited number of umpires. We hosted a level 1 umpire clinic, and got some new local umps get their certification, which is great. Would be good to continue with that to promote umpiring with local umpires. Would like to look at hosting a softball umpire clinic as well, as it may help get more local people certified.
Kyla motioned to approve committee report as presented. Kathryn 2nd. Approved
- Tournament Co-Ordinator committee position- this position is in it’s infancy, and this position would be someone who would be in charge of spearheading and coordinating tournaments in the future, especially with our new diamonds being available.
We are putting this idea to the community, to see if there is any interest in this position. We will review in the Spring at our SAGM.
- New Business
- Board Position nominations
- Executive: Vice President, Treasurer
Sam has nominated Jason Wolfe to stay on as Vice-President. Jason has agreed to let his name stand as Vice-President for another two-year term. Acclaimed.
Treasurer: Patrick nominated Aaron to stay on as our treasurer. Aaron has kindly agreed to let his name stand for another two-year term. Acclaimed.
- Facilities position is vacant.
- New business arising from meeting- none
- Adjournment- Sam moved to adjourn the meeting at 7:45pm