CMB AGM 2021
November 15th - 6:00pm - Kinsmen Room (Carman Arena)
Type of Meeting: Annual General Meeting
Meeting Facilitator: Sam Bryson
Attendance: Sam Bryson, Amanda Rheault, Matt Falk, Kyla McCallum, Allan Froese, Aaron Nakonechny, DeeAnn McCullough
Regrets: Erin Lemky, Tasha Worms, Jason Wolfe, Myron Krahn
Community Members: Carly Cox
- Call to Order- 6:05 pm
- Varificattion of Quorum.
- Roll Call (sign in sheet available at entrance)
- Approval of minutes from Semi Annual General Meeting. Motion to approve by Allan, 2nd by Aaron.
- Executive Reports
- President Report - Sam Bryson- Proud of the teams who were able to play, amid the reshuffling and rescheduling. Even with fewer clubs, those who were willing to participate, got a good season in. Looking to promote for next season and increase registration.
- Treasurer Report - Aaron Nakonechny- Outstanding cheques have been resolved. One more refund needs to be sent out. See attached financial statement.
- Registrar Report - Kyla McCallum- 67 baseball players, 13 softball players
Matt motioned to adopt executive reports as presented. Allan 2nd.
- Committee Reports
- Fundraising - Jason Wolfe- The CMB choose to run the raffle tickets for choice of fundraising for the 2020-21 Season. Each registered ball player had $50 dollars in fundraising tickets to sell. This has been the same fundraiser that CMB has done in the previous years. There were three prize draws of $500, $250 and $100. Aaron Nakonechny, Jim Thachuk and Stephany Macintosh where the winners. The Proceeds from this fundraiser goes to buying ball equipment and helping out with season expenses. We also did a bottle drive that was organized by Erin Lemky. The proceeds from the bottle drive fundraiser went to the new facilities. On behalf of CMB I would like to thank everyone for all their efforts this season.
- Equipment - Tasha Worms- This year we cleaned Out the shed and destroyed broken unsafe equipment. We purchased 8 new grand slam bags, game balls, sanitizers and wipes, 1 catchers mitt, and a few sets of grand slam bases. All the equipment was returned.
- Facilities - Erin Lemky- New Diamonds - hoping that we are playing on them in the spring 2022. One diamond was set up and played on this past fall for 11U. Portable mounds were used on old and new diamonds. Town of Carman purchased machine for dragging the diamonds and will help with the maintenance of new complex. Weather was not helpful with grass seed taking - but trees that were planted have really come a long way thanks to the Town of Carman for watering.
- Skills Development - Sam Bryson- Looking into venues for spring training. Hoping to start after May Long weekend.
- Baseball Rep - vacant
- Softball Rep - Myron Krahn- At the beginning of the season Carman fielded four softball teams and were registered to play in the Tiger Hills Girls Minor Softball League. All teams had some practices to start the season but when the season was put on pause in mid-May, it signaled the end for some of our teams. When play resumed at the end of June, the U14 team was the only team remaining with enough committed girls and coaches. They played an abbreviated season beginning in mid-July and wrapped up their season with a trip to provincials in August. Looking ahead to next year, the age categories for Girls Softball are changing. The new categories are going to be U7, U9, U11, U13, U15, U17 and U19. These changes will now align us with the softball age categories used in the United States for when teams from Manitoba travel south for tournaments. So overall, a very disappointing season for girls ball in Carman. Once again, we say hopefully next year will be back to normal and we can continue to grow girls softball in Carman! A big thank you to all the parents, coaches and players for their efforts this year, even though it was a short season for some. We certainly hope to have everyone back, and more, for next year! I also want to recognize my fellow board members and commend them for all the hard work they do behind the scenes in making baseball and softball in Carman a success!
- Rally Cap & Grand Slam- Allan Froese- Successful season with those who participated. Looking forward to next year.
- Uniform Coordinator - Dee-Ann McCullough - coaches received their hats as well as some players. Coaches jerseys were ordered and received, but because of the shortened season, we kept them and gave out hats instead. We are ready for next season! Coaches 11U and up and 10U and up for girls, the coaches will use them, and return them. Syls was our Grand Slam sponsor, and will continue next season. All jerseys have been returned to the shed.
- Umpire Coordinator- Matt Falk- Had about 15 home games to schedule for this year with the limited number of teams participating this year. Anticipating next season to be a busier one, so hoping to keep our local umpires, and try to recruit more. Looking into hosting a clinic to build a bigger list of umpires; will look into talking to the older groups to see if they may be interested in umping games next season. Try to certify them as level 1.
Amanda motioned to adopt minutes as read. Kyla 2nd.
- Board Position nominations
- Executive: President, Secretary, Registrar
President role: Nominations from the floor- Amanda nominated Sam. Sam accepted.
Secretary role: Nominations from the floor- Aaron nominated Amanda. Amanda accepted.
Registrar role: No nominations from the floor. Current registrar cannot complete another term based on the constitution. Sam motioned to leave the position vacant, to be filled this winter, with Kyla agreeing to mentor the person who accepts the position. 2nd by Aaron.
- Committee: Baseball Rep- Sam motioned that Jason Wolfe take on the role. Due to Jason not being present, he could neither accept nor decline. Awaiting his response.
- New business arising from meeting-
- Pitch count is going to an app that will be linked to RAMP.
- How do we boost our registration? Set up a booth at Syls? Hand out flyers? Connect with high school?
Sam motioned to adjourn. Dee Ann 2nd.
- Adjournment- Meeting adjourned at 6:53pm