Carman Minor Baseball
Thursday, April 21st , 2022, 7:00pm
Semi-Annual General Meeting
Board members in attendance: Sam Bryson, Matt Falk, Myron Krahn, Allan Froese, Kyla McCallum, DeeAnn McCullough, Amanda Rheault,Tasha Worms, Aaron Nakonechny
Regrets from board: Jason Wolfe
Quorum has been met with community members- see sign in sheet.
Call to Order at 7pm.
1-Review & Approval of the Agenda- Patrick Crampton motioned to move the approval of agenda. Allan Froese 2nd. Approved.
2- Review and approval of the November 15th, 2021 AGM minutes
Patrick Crampton motioned to move the approval of agenda. DeeAnn McCullough 2nd. Carried.
- Executive verbal reports
- President (Sam)-Excited to be back to ball after pandemic. We have a good number of players are all levels. We hope to have many games played this year. Exciting to see baseball growing in our community. Looking forward to seeing parents and kids out on the field this season. Sam put it out that there are open positions on the board and encouraged involvement.
- Treasurer (Aaron)- Financials available by email request. Bookkeeping is up to date. Registration fees are coming in. Financials are looking healthy, so can pay the bills and get new equipment as needed.
- Registrar (Kyla) -113 baseball players, 41 softball players. Kids registration is done. Asking all coaches to register as a coach. Registration fees are due at the end of April- email will be going out to remind all.
Karen Park motioned to accept reports as presented. Jodi Cox 2nd. Carried.
- Committee member verbal reports:
- Fundraising (Jason)- Raffle tickets will happen again this year. Board has been verbally approached to run a social during the fair weekend in July.
- Equipment (Tasha)- Some equipment is ready for pickup. If you find something that doesn’t fit, or if you need anything extra, we will get that to you, just correspond with a board member.
- Facilities (*vacant*) -Over the next couple of months, the worker-bee days will take place, CMB is asking parents, kids, and community to help out with these days- each team should send 2 representatives. May 7th is our 1st tentative date to get working out on the field.
- Skill Development (Sam)- Have been looking at indoor training; currently using the B-side of the arena. For the time being, with weather, practices will be run indoors.
- Boys Rep (*vacant*)
- Girls Rep (Myron)- Name change- U11,U13, U15,U17- this aligns us better with the US. 1 team in U11, 1 team in U15, and one team in U19. U13 age is using a bigger ball (12’ ball)- this is a trial from Softball MB.
- Rally Cap/Grand Slam(Allan)- Numbers are up this year. 5 Rally Cap, 4 Grand Slam teams. Working on putting finishing touches on solidifying coaches. Excited to get the kids playing.
- Uniforms(Dee-Ann)- Jerseys and hats are ready for pickup. The following is ordered: 40 boys/girls hats, rally cap jerseys, grand slam jerseys, and Cardinal shirts for men who coach the Cardinals. Online store link is posted on our website, and will be sent to managers.
- Umpires(Matt)- Will be scheduling umpires for both baseball and softball. Always a need for more umpires in Carman. Wil be hosting a clinic this Saturday. Working to get the word out and recruit more young people who may be interested. Will be sending out an updated umpire form to team managers- this ensures that umpires get paid. If games need to be rescheduled, please let me know as soon as possible so we can get umpires notified.
Kyla has approved reports to be adopted. DeeAnn2nd. Carried.
- Any other business
- Adjourned at 7:15pm