Carman Minor Baseball
Monday, April 17th , 2023, 7:00pm
Carman Arena - B-Side Lobby
Semi-Annual General Meeting
Board members in attendance: Sam Bryson, Matt Falk, Jason Wolfe, Allan Froese, Kyla McCallum, DeeAnn McCullough, Amanda Rheault, Tasha Worms, Aaron Nakonechny, Patrick Crampton, Daralee Easter
Quorum has been met with community members- see sign in sheet.
Motion to adopt the verbal reports made by Allan Froese, 2nd by DeeAnn McCullough
Motion to adopt committee reports as presented by Patrick Crampton, 2nd by Aaron Nakonechny.
Community Members Attendance:
- Rally Cap/Grand Slam/U9 jerseys have all been ordered. You will get them as
soon as they come in. Thank you to all our sponsors!
-For the other teams - I have buckets of jerseys ready to go - will explain more
in coaches/managers meeting.
- On line store is up and running until April 27. Link was sent out a little over a
week ago in an email. Link is also on our website. We have socks, belts, short
sleeved and ¾ length t-shirts, plus hoodies and windbreakers. All items other
than belts and socks can have either the cardinal or goldeyes logo. Hoodies
can also have player name on them if they wish.
- I have samples to give you an idea on clothing as well as maybe size that you
can check out after the meeting.
- Items will come to me at the Collegiate and I will disperse from there. (may
send home with kids or I will let you know when/where I am during my
daughter’s practice times for pick up)
Coaches / Managers Meeting
- Coaches U11/11U and up - will each receive a hat to keep from CMB. If you
need one or need a new one - just let me know as I know some coaches may
have hats already that are in good shape and can be used again this year - so
managers - just let me know if any of your coaches need hats.
- Coaches jerseys/shirts - for again coaches 11U/11U and up can have
jerseys/shirts to match their team. We are going to do this a little differently
this year. I do have a tub of jerseys/shirts for coaches that you are able to use
and return at the end of the year for no cost. However, some coaches may
prefer to purchase something on the online store and wear that instead. If
that is your choice - then go for it. So - again - I’m going to leave it up to the
managers to have a discussion with their coaches and if they would like me to
suit them up with a jersey - I can do that! Just let me know!
- Buckets are ready to go to managers. In these buckets you will find jerseys
along with an inventory list as well as a team list. There is a check beside any
players name who needs a hat. So - there are hats in the buckets as well.
- Players get hats after 2 seasons, but if someone needs one before that - they
or their manager can just let me know- it will be $20.
- My contact info is also on the inventory sheet in the bucket.
- At the end of your season - I just ask that you return the tub with all jerseys
washed (including any coach jerseys that were handed out) promptly.
- Hint for new managers - after last game - have players bring another shirt to
change into and collect all their jerseys then. You have a load of laundry to do
- but I find that’s easier than tracking people down in the summer.
- Make sure to remind your teams the online store is open now until April 27!
Carman Minor Ball’s fundraiser for the 2023 ball season is raffle tickets. These tickets are paid for when
the ball registration is paid. Each registered ball player will receive 6 tickets with a selling price of
$10/per ticket. The tickets will be given to the managers of the teams to distribute to the ball players.
Tickets are expected to be printed by the end of April. The funds generated from this fundraiser go
towards buying ball equipment, paying for diamond rentals, and paying umpires. CMB is fortunate to
have this fundraiser as it allows registration fees to stay as low as possible. If anyone has any suggestion
on a fundraiser please bring them forward to a board member. Thank you and have a great ball season.
Four teams this year, 1 11U, 2 13U (A and AA) and 1 18U.
Unfortunately, not enough players to make a 15U team. 3 players have requested and had transfers accepted.
League starts May 8th, except for 18U start date is May 22nd to allow for high school ball.
- 18U will play on diamond 1
- 13U A and AA will play on diamond 4
- 11U will play on diamond 9
13U AA will have tryouts - scheduled for next Monday and Wednesday 5:30-7:00 pm. Encourage all 20 kids to come out for the practice. We've book both diamond 4 and the A side pending what happens with the rain / snow this week.
Independent evaluators will be present alongside others organizing and running drills. Goal is to determine teams by the end of next week allowing 1 week for team specific practices.
League Tournaments (held June 24-25th for 2023):
- 11U AA: Top 6 teams from regional standings. Altona to host.
- 11U A: Next 6 teams from regional standings. Carman to host (or switch with Altona if in AA).
- 11U Consolation: Final 6 teams from regional standings. Rosenort/Lowe Farm to host.
- 13U A: Top 6 teams will playoff, 4 teams could play consolation? Winkler to
host regional tournament.
- 13U AA (date TBD): Winkler to host. Playoffs will be 1vs4, 2vs3, then top 2
teams play for final. Will set the games close enough to use your depth (in
pitching), possibly Thursday/Friday before June 24th/25th
18U AA league tournament will be July 8-9
6 team tournament. Host is TBD (likely Altona)
Schedules should be coming out soon (have seen drafts of 11U and 13U).
11U will be on Tuesday and Thursdays.
13U is variable due to number of teams and diamond management.
13U A and AA will not play on the same night.
Managers to contact myself for booking practices and updating on any game rescheduling. Reiterate the importance to get games in if you can vs. rescheduling.
New coaches - initiation coaching clinic in Altona April 22nd 8:30-12:30 at the MEC. Only one not in Winnipeg.
- New -Criminal record check in addition to Respect in Sport is required for all coaches, assistants
and managers. Must be loaded in RAMP.
To apply for your Criminal Record Check, visit one of following:
-All Manitoba Residents (Sterling BackCheck) «« RECOMMENDED- this costs $25 per person
- Residents of Winnipeg (Winnipeg Police Service - electronic Police Information Check)
- Non-Winnipeg Residents (find the nearest RCMP Detachment - there should be no cost for persons in a
- Division keeps growing, which is great! 49 total teams. McGregor has joined Tiger Hills with a
o U11- 17 teams
o U13- 14 teams
o U15- 9 teams
o U18- 9 teams
-Reminder: Games start at 6:30 pm; League start is May 1 st . Winning team is to submit score
-Approach to league tournaments
o U11- June 9, 10, 11- will be split into two groups based on league standings- A and B
sides. Top A teams will go to an East location (Miami) and West (Rock Lake) for the B side.
The host teams will have the decision to stay or go.
o U13- June 9, 10 & 11 will be in Glenboro
o U15- June 23, 24 and 25th Carman will Host
o New this year, managers need to make sure the league standings are up to date always.
Check to website so no last-minute issues are identified. Also new this year, there will be
a cut off of midnight the Wednesday before league to get scores in. Any make up games
played after the Wednesday to the start of the tournament will be practice.
o U11 June 23-23 Buhler
o U13 July 7-9- Buhler
o U15 July 21-23 Steinbach
-U9 team new this year! 10 T-shirts Ordered from Softball Manitoba.